Joshua W. Warren
Summary of Qualifications
Endeavored over the last two years to grow as a .Net web developer into someone who can function singly or with a development team to complete complex projects, working on everything from database design to front-end design and server deployment. Also maintained individual projects and taken the initiative continue to expand my knowledge base on my own time.
||Visual Studio 2003-2013, SQL Server 2008, SSMS 2008, TFS 2010, Mercurial, Visual Source Safe, AtTask, Zendesk, Vmware, SQL Compare, Outlook, Good, Microsoft Office, Lync, Paint.net, IIS 7, Active Batch.
MEGAFORCE USA, Overland Park, KS
Contracted to National Advisors Trust Company, FSB
- Developed a SQL database and console application in C# to handle automated transaction posting from a set of delimited files to another delimited transaction file and series of balancing reports in SSRS.
- Developed a corresponding GUI in MVC web api with Knockout JS to interact with transaction errors generated and trigger report generation.
- Worked to create basic SQL source control in TFS.
MARKETING INNOVATORS INTERNATIONAL INC., Rosemont, IL
APPLICATION SUPPORT DEVELOPER:
- Started primarily solving ticket requests through Zendesk and eventually also lead projects for new and existing customers, often working with an offshore team.
- Responsible for incorporating jQuery enhanced GUI including creating a spin wheel game in our Gaming Console, an MVC application.
- Worked on console apps, such as creating one for automated invoicing that pulled data from multiple SQL databases into a legacy Sybase database.
- Created and modified several complex stored procedures for both updating data and creating reports requiring several tables and hierarchies.
ENTERPRISE BANK & TRUST (formerly First National Bank of Olathe),
Olathe-Overland Park, KS
- Commended for my attitude and work ethic even during stressful situations, such as during the FDIC closure and later branch closure.
- Received Sandler Sales Training, as well as competencies in Customer Care and Effective Communication.
- Ability to find solutions to a variety of customer inquiries even when the answer was not obvious or trained for, utilizing computer programs such as Active-View, Phoenix, and Q2.
- Account opening and maintenance, including the personal lending process which includes a long list of details and procedures from customer interest, application, through to completion.
- Understood and was able to explain in layman's terms bank products as well as cross-selling those.
Solo Technical Experience
Be sure to visit my Portfolio.
Education & Technical Training
Centriq Training, Leawood, KS
Application Developer in C#.NET Program Track
- Technical Competencies Studied:
- C#, ASP.NET 4, ADO.NET, AJAX, LINQ, Visual Studio 2010, SQL, SQL Server 2008, SSME 2008, Database Design, XHTML, and CSS 3.0
- Major Project:
- Job Finder Project: Created a secure ASP.NET application as an assignment for presentation at the end of the four month courses. For the purpose of tracking job posting related information using C# and the .NET 4 Framework. The application tracks companies, job postings, contacts, and communication through the life-cycle of a job application. Built and scripted a SQL Server 2008 database from scratch where all data was stored. This application uses various aspects of ASP.NET including membership, directory security, data controls, e-mail functionality, and custom error handling. Managed all aspects of this project from creating the master page all the way through database and website deployment.
- Project available for review live in my Portfolio.
MidAmerica Nazarene University, Olathe, KS
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry
- Though unrelated to eventual choice of vocation, the pursuit of this degree in Christian Ministry and subsequent volunteer work was very maturing and key in shaping me into the adult of integrity and persistence that I am today.
- Responsible- Take ownership of work and commitment to honesty.
- Deliberative- Concious effort to evaluate decisions and actions, trying to anticipate obstacles.
- Intellection- Step back from stressful situations and reason through them.
- Analytical- Search for causes of issues and try to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
- Consistency- Attempt to treat everyone equally, and do each task well while making tasks easier through efficiency.
- Flexible- Perfect job attendance for the last five years, and am eager to try new things and to learn as much as possible.
Youth Leader at Antioch Church of the Nazarene, Overland Park, KS
- Organized youth events and fundraisers.
- Regular Bible study preparation and delivery semiweekly.